Friday, September 18, 2009

GO FLY

Doubts, doubts, doubts all over my black mind

Faster, faster, faster I run from them

Yet, they come closer like Fate

Drums, drums, drums beat in the background

Tribals dance to the tune – mockery of civilization.


Peace, peace, peace is all I crave

Yet, my mind takes me where my nightmares lie

Slipping, slipping, slipping till I wake up

Cold, cold, cold sweat on my furrowed brows

The dungeon of Hell hath opened their jaws.


Warm, warm, warm is the sunshine I feel on my face

Cool, cool, cool is the water gushing over my hands

Yet, dark and lifeless is my heart

Feel, feel, feel I tell myself

Doom has fixed its shackles on me like a caged animal.


I feel the need to fly, to fly

Fly, fly, fly away I tell the wings

Rise, rise, rise and soar above the darkness

Where the sun shines into the heart

Fall, fall, fall like a bird with molten wings.


Cry, cry, cry like a gurgling brook

Uninhibited by paltry rocks, egged on by soothing winds

Dry, dry, dry my eyes are like the burning desert

Cold, cold, cold my heart is when I long for warmth

Neither books nor words soothe me; in pain I burn.


Pop, pop, pop burst the bubbles of unspoken words,

Unheeded emotions, unloved love, virgin words

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh the tips of wings flatter my face

Birds I let free have returned to their nests

Snap, snap, snap my heart breaks into smaller pieces.


Free, free, free like a bird, like a woman in love

Freedom is what sets you free

Love, love, love is what keeps you bound

Break, break, break all boundaries, and let the birds fly

They will return, yet, nothing will be the same.


Look, look, look till my eyes bleed, no difference

Free, free, free the birds are, will always be

Never, never, never will the same my heart be

Winds shall call, the sun shall shine, and the moon will still be beautiful

Yet, my heart has broken too many times, never to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment