Sunday, January 24, 2010

THE TOOTH DEMONS ARE AT WORK.... AGAIN

i have had a lot of my prejudices removed over the last 48 hrs.by that i mean some of the most fundamental of my prejudices are now altered. like they say, we are but an amalgamation of our experiences and our conceptions are bound to alter as we come across newer experiences. now that i have spouted that whole load of garbage, it seems a remote possibility that someone is even going to go through the rest of my blog, given the average attention span of an ordinary individual today is far less than 60 seconds and the plethora of options available on the net. anyways what i have been trying to say is that i am in extreme pain. and this not the sort of pain that you can sozzle down with a glass of whisky. when devbarna left me for another guy or whatever reasons she might have had, i at least had the drink to seek recluse in. if there wasn't any shoulder to lean upon and pour my sorrows out, i could always hit the bar and drown them in 3 glasses of vodka mixed with sprite, a pinch of salt, a dash of fresh lime and a piece of green chillies. in fact the small eats that our naval bars prepare to go along with the drinks made the sorrows quite enjoyable at times. you could just recline on that sofa and look at the waves rolling up the beach, hear the wind serenading through the coconut groves and suddenly you weren't at the well manicured lawns of our naval mess any longer. you could float up in the dark sky as long as you wanted to, or at least until it was time for the bar to shut down.

yet, then, i felt as if this was the worst pain a man could feel, and it made me quite antipathetic towards women to say the least. what i did not know was that it would pass, leaving me wiser and more circumspect in its leave. next time around, i wouldn't invest my love so casually, would think thousand times, rather million times before trusting anybody completely. it also made me realise that life isn't really a bed of roses. good things don't necessarily happen to good people just like bad things happened to good people as well. however, the most important lesson was to keep looking out for my own vantage point, even in the most intimate of relationships, for the games never end. now, however, I'm in a completely different sort of pain. a pain that won't completely die down under the influence of the powerful painkillers that my doctor has been prescribing me. only those who have ever had a sever toothache can fully commiserate with me on this topic, for the rest its time to garner as much knowledge about this dreadful pain and keep the lessons you learn in mind. it was my laziness while brushing my teeth in my childhood coupled with lack of proper medical advice that has led to this state of events. i never used to brush twice in my childhood. its easy to pin all my troubles to that one reason, but as i have come to realise over the last few weeks, things are seldom what they seem. so, no matter how mant times my mom tells me that its all because i was a lazy bum, its more than that. its simple, why do only my molars tend to rot when the canines and incisors are all right, when they have all received the same treatment? its a basic fault in the structure, when, the milk teeth fell out and newer teeth grew in its place, they tended to grow at odd angles, leaving odd crevices in between them. its kind of like two rocks jutting at angle, allowing moss and grass to grow in between which the inclement weather cannot touch. same way, the bristles of the toothbrush could never reach these crevices, leading to deposition of food particles and the rest, as they say, is a very painful history. proper medical advice in time, to take out a tooth here and there would have prevented this state of affairs.

i haven't really slept in the last two nights and even as i write, my jaw keeps throbbing on and on. saturday morning i reached the hospital and told surgeon lt cdr jacob how bad the pain was the night before. he. as is his wont, tried to take out the temporary filling he had made a couple of weeks back and get to the root of the problem. that, however, wasn't meant to be as the sensitive tooth refused digging of any sort. so, he said, " as a last resort we will have to extract that tooth. but, for now, i am going to put you in a dosage of antibiotics and see how it goes for five days. you see, its not the root which is the problem. the bone below the root has got infected and the pus that has accumulated there is what is causing you the pain." i thought with the painkillers the situation would be a lot more bearable. how wrong i was! it pained me like a drill was being driven through my brain all night and no amount of painkillers could do anything. so, here i am now, trying to tell myself that i should wait for another night and wait for jacob to get back to office because if i go today, another doctor who does not have much of an idea about my case would be trying to take care of the situation. well thats about it for now. see you until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment