Tuesday, March 13, 2012

YYYYYY?

Is being Cryptic the way to go in life? Are the ones who don't say much the really wise ones? Is it necessary to maintain silence to exert ones importance? Or is it better to air one's opinion every now and then? There are so many unanswered questions in life. My mom says that my wants exceed my needs by far. How much of that is really true? Do I really need only so much and no more or is it not right that my ambitions should be limited only by the sky? Should I not want to be as successful as the most successful men? Are not the most venerated men the most successful ones? Does not our society shun its losers as the weaklings? Does the weakest cub survive in this race for the survival of the fittest? Yet, my parents have lived their lives happily with all their shortcomings and all their not-so-great-successes. So, is not the way to peace best achieved though a hermit's point of view? How do I find the right answers?
Finally how do I reach peace and happiness in life? Through love? Well, that is a no-brainer! That finding peace through love is as elusive as finding the aurora borealis! That generation that seeked a peaceful family life, a peaceful and happy existence is long gone, replaced in turn by our generation- a generation that finds everyone fighting for their power, importance and share of the pie. We have forgotten that peace is best achieved through giving, happiness best achieved by loving and forgiving and the best existence is the one found in harmony with one's surroundings. I see my mom and dad peacefully co-existing and loving each other through all their tribulations and problems, financial as well as otherwise. I see my mom getting in the kitchen to cook inspite all the work she does otherwise without any complaints, I see my mom listening to my dad. This is the same mom I used to think as illogical and highly unpredictable. Yet, she listens to what my dad wants, mostly without him even expressing what he wants. How little I recognise people! She listens to me and brother shout and mostly comes up with some really illogical arguments that only she can. She is the only person I know that can do all that and yet have the sense to understand that we all need to boisterous and our selves without imposing on anybody else. I see them and I see how wrong I was to hope that I would be as happy as they are. I will never achieve the same peace that they have, neither will I ever see myself be the man I wanted to be. Maybe I will be very successful one day, maybe not. But it will always be useless as I have already lost the battle of life. I will never be a s happy as my parents were.

No comments:

Post a Comment