Thursday, March 21, 2013

Frozen Soul

Have I lost myself is what I wonder,
Have I no soul anymore?
When the sky cries and the waves shed their tears,
When the earth roars its disappointment,
When the world stops spinning, I have no feeling.
Has my heart been touched by the eyes of Medusa?

I had the heart of a wanderer, I had the eyes of a traveler
I had the soul of a child and the heart of a fawning puppy
I cried at every tender moment in every movie, book and life itself
My tears purifying my experience, my feelings in a knot
My heart stopped beating every time I saw my girl,
My heart soared the skies with all my hopes and my emotions.

I loved with the same passion that the rain loves parched soil
I wanted with the same desire that a nomad wants water
I soared above life on the wings of  swan and soared along with it
I lived in my dreams and in others too and I loved in them too.
Have I lost being me, yet continue to be?

Where is the tune that will bring my sleeping soul to life?
The one that haunts my dreams with its lilting beauty
The one that brings tears to my eyes with its mellifluous serenity
The one that causes grass to grow in deserts and merry streams to flow
The one that changes ever so often and yet remains eternal
The one whose tune I hear forever, yet grows distant evermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment